Bishop Olmsted endorsed the establishment of a new diaconal formation cohort. This group of men, with the support of their wives and families, will work together for the next 5 years toward ordination as permanent deacons in the Diocese of Phoenix in the fall of 2024.
To be considered for admission, a man must meet the canonical requirements as established by Rome as well as the requirements set by the bishop.
These include, but are not limited to the following:
- 30-55 years of age
- Current enrollment or completion of the Kino Catechetical Institute program
- Minimum of ﬁve years as a baptized member of the Church
- Two years of ministry in the candidate's local parish
- Three years of marriage (if not married, willing to commit to a lifetime of celibacy)
- Citizenship or permanent residency status with an address within the Diocese of Phoenix
- A letter of recommendation from the candidate's pastor received by July 31, 2019
Inquiry Meetings will be held on:
- Wed, Jan 23, 6:30-9:30pm at St. Bernadette, 16245 N. 60th, Scottsdale
- Wed, Feb 6, 6:30-9:30pm at Holy Cross, 12454 S. Power Rd. Mesa
- Sat, Feb 9, 9:00am-12:00pm at Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 5614 W. Orangewood Ave. Glendale
- Sat, Mar 9, 9:00am-12:00pm at Immaculate Conception, 700 N. Bill Gray Rd. Cottonwood
For more information, visit dphx.org/deacons or contact Dcn. Doug Bogart at 602-354 2012.